Jan 15, 2011

Our Family Verse

For almost a year I had picture frames set aside for a project I had in mind.
I wanted to find a family verse that really speaks for what my husband
and I want our home and family to exemplify.

Well, those frames sat, and gathered dust.
Then I saw Cheri's "Be" sign over at I Am Momma-Hear Me Roar,
and I had to change my plan!

I followed Cheri's tutorial on how she made her sign, but just personalized it by using the phrase I wanted for our home. Unfortunately, I did this project a couple of months ago and didn't take step-by-step pictures.

I decided to use the key words from Colossians 3:12-13, it reads:

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. (NIV)

I am so pleased with how my sign turned out.
The kids often ask what that sign says,
and we get a chance to explain what it means and why we should live this way.

I painted my sign on a piece of scrap ply wood that was leftover from another project, and used paint that I had on hand, so this project was a great freebie!

What is your family verse? How do you display it in your home?




1 comment:

Jenn said...

I just ran across you blog today, and love it. The sign is adorable!!! Our verse is 1 Corinthians 13. As a young girl, I had to memorize that chapter and recite it aloud. When planning our wedding ceremony, I knew that that scripture had to be a part of it, and it was. After we were married I found a tile with part of the scripture on it, and it sits on our kitchen counter. We also have a plaque with the 23rd Psalms. That chapter always puts me at peace with whatever is going on in life. "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for Thou art with me."