Feb 24, 2011

A Touch of Spring

Please don't snort at me for posting this.
I rolled my eyes at myself thinking, this isn't tutorial worthy.
But, deep breath in and here I am anyway, so bear with me.

I am so SICK of winter.  Like, so sick I can hardly stand it anymore.  Like, so sick I don't think it would take much to convince me to sell everything and move to a place where winter doesn't keep going on, and on, and on like it does here on the Canadian prairie.  Ugh.  

Anyway, being so utterly sick of winter, I decided I needed a hint of spring breathed into our home.  Even if it's totally fake, and spring won't really show it's face around here for over a month...at least.

So let me show you what I did...it doesn't require much of an explanation.


I took this little ensemble I put together back in December and stripped it of it's 
big fluffy snow flakes.
(Side note:  I did not realize how sad and barren this poor thing looked until trying to take pictures of it today...I think I'm going to have to do better next time around!)


Then I took some of these faux (doesn't that just sound so much better than fake?) flowers and plucked them right off their wire stems.

 And transplanted them onto my dried branches that I trimmed off the vine growing in our back yard last summer.  I just slid the little puppies right onto the end of each little twig, no glue, no nothin'.  And you know, I like how it looks, all fluttery and fresh in my little green jug I found at a garage sale last summer.   

And that's that.  A little promise of what's to come, a little something to make me smile and brighten up the shelf above our stairs in our front entrance.  It's not much, certainly not extravagant, but I'm not a very extravagant person, so it all works out nicely.  

Thanks for popping by,
 

8 comments:

Little Treasures said...

Hi Jen and thank you for the lovely comment you left for me!
This is such a rewarding project that will make everybody feel as if spring is around the corner.
Great job!

Amanda said...

oh that's so cute! i am so sick of winter too!

Jen said...

Thanks Amanda, spring can not get here soon enough for my gang! We've got cabin fever pretty bad 'round these parts!

Marilyn said...

How awesome Jen!! i'm going to try this for my kitchen!! I Love the idea!!

Jen said...

Aw, thanks Marilyn! So fun to see you here again!

Marilyn said...

Hi Jen -- I love this so much that I mentioned you on my post today --- Spring Innovations ;)) Hope you don't mind~ Pls Check it out.. :)) ♥
TY ;))

Emily {WhipperBerry} said...

Beautiful! Thanks for linking up!

Jen said...

Glad you stopped by Emily! Always a pleasure!