Mar 31, 2011

Thrifting!

For those of you who know me well, you know I LOVE thrifting.  I feel so alive during garage sale season, the thrill of the hunt, the satisfaction of finding something great for an equally great price absolutely makes my day.  

Today we hit up our local thrift store and I just knew ahead of time there was something great for me there.  It's like I have a sixth sense that an excellent find is just around the corner...is that weird?  

So, in my excitement, I thought I'd share my finds with you!



It might not look like too much here, but I'm super excited about some the the finds I snagged.  

Here's the rundown:

 Children's book for the kiddo's - .25
 Green bubbly textured vase - .60
Fall colored striped sweater - 1.50
Yellow crocheted doily - .25
Striped old navy p.j.'s for Judson - 1.00
Pink gingham fabric - 1.00
Black gingham fabric - .60
Navy/white striped fabric - .60



And the grand total is:  5.80

I'm so excited to get to work on some of these items, I've got big plans for that sweater and the pieces of fabric! I'll be sure to share completed projects with all of you, hopefully my plans turn out! 

What about you?  Do you love the thrill of a thrifty find?

Be blessed,

12 comments:

h. rae said...

Hi Jen,

Thrift stores can be fun as you proved today, but my personal favorite is antiquing. I love sorting through all of the "junk" in antique stores. Oodles of old jewelry, photos, purses, letters... so much fun! I discovered a set of old post cards all addressed to one girl. I was in heaven reading the poor english and found out she married the guy who sent her the very last post card! LOL

Jen said...

Those sound like quite the treasure h. rae! I live in a pretty small town, so we don't have the luxury of more than one thrift store! Occasionally I get the opportunity to head to a nearby city that has a lot more antique/thrifting options. Sifting through all the treasures from someone else's life so long ago is such a treat, I agree. Hopefully I can make it to the big city again some time soon!

Marilyn said...

Haha - I LOVE it.. I drove by a thrift store yesterday that I've beenmeaning to stop in and haven't had time to :( - This makes me want to go NOW.. Great finds Jen.. Thrifty Afternoons are exciting.. When I can't thrift, I result to cragslist.. :))

Jessica Stoker said...

Super excited to see what you come up with. I love finding trash to treasure.

Brian and Melissa Degelder said...

I LOVE THRIFTING!! The best part is all of our swap meets. I love getting brand name clothing for my daughter and NOT having to pay full price!! Too bad it's not that easy to get clothes for me :)

Walking by Faith said...

I would love if I could be more thrifty, but I don't ever seem to have as much luck as you do! I need a shopping buddy to help me out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower. I'd love for you to come by again and become a follower, as well! Let me know how you like the granola, and feel free to checkout the giveaway I am currently hosting. ;)

morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

Mary - The Tall Chick said...

I sooo totally know what you mean about just having a feeling you're going to find something amazing.... I had that same feeling the other day driving by the thrift store, but my daughter was asleep in the car and I couldn't stop! I'm hoping whatever was pulling me in will still be there the next time!

PS - thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a comment. I would love to have you as a regular follower.

www.thetallchick.blogspot.com

jandjhome said...

I always love thrifty finds. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest follower.

Stacey said...

Those are some good finds! It's pretty rare (for me) to find anything at the thrift shop. That's what happens when you live in a very frugal town. People hold onto stuff until it's trash.

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

Ohhhh - good finds! I love the thrift shop goodies, I just wish I had time to go without the kids and was able to actually browse. You have to really dig by me! Lol....but you found fabric - AMAZING!!! Awesome deals!

Tanya said...

I love going to the thrift stores too. I have found so many great things. Last week I got this great old vinyl yellow chair, an awesome vintage tiered platter, and a pair of Docs. A lot of my fabric is from the thrift store too. Have fun making things with your finds:)

Jen said...

Way to go Tanya! That sounds like quite a haul! Welcome here!