May 21, 2011

Antibiotics, Planting, and Craziness

Hey Y'all!  

Sorry for my semi-absence here this week...it's been crazy here.  I feel like I've been running late all week long, and just so you know, I hate being late.  I've had two kids on antibiotics this week, one for a double ear infection and the other for some awful infection that I forget the name of.  Between the two of them I've had to administer three different kinds of medicine ten times each day.  Thankfully they're both on the mend now.

Our house is a constant work in progress, we've got so many projects we want to complete but they all take time and cash, and it seems when we have one we don't have the other.  One thing I've put off for the last couple of years is landscaping.  House projects always take priority over flowers and pretty things.  I'd love to put in a gorgeous perennial garden, reminiscent of those beautiful old cottage gardens.


  Unstructured and graceful, full of cheerful blossoms and winding pathways.


  And no, I'm not putting in this dream garden yet, but I did plant a couple of planters to add some color and show we care until we can do the big deal.  The planters need to fill in a little bit, but I like them just the same, it feels good to have one little thing done.


  The kids even got to come to the greenhouse and pick some flowers to plant in the pots they painted in winter.  They were thrilled.


I have been working on my picture ledges as promised, I just need to fill a few more frames!  I'll post the finished product next week...hopefully!  

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, I really do appreciate it!  We are getting so close to the goal of 100 followers, I've got my giveaway all ready to go and I'm so excited to get to it, just a few more followers to go!  I hope you each have a wonderfully relaxing weekend,

Be blessed,


2 comments:

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

Happy weekend! Don't forget to come over and share a recipe at Savory Sunday!!

The Paper Princess said...

What a glorious picture you've painted!

Have a wonderful weekend - I'm following from Create With Joy and I hope you'll join me as well!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com