May 4, 2011

Girls Night Food

Saturday evening I had the best girls night ever with a great group of girls. We laughed, we talked, we played games, we cried (from laughter), and of course, we ate.  There was such an unbelievable spread of delicious food for us to feast on, it was all so scrumptious!  My typical girls night isn't out at some restaurant or at a club, it's me and a group of wonderful women, meeting in each others homes, watching chick flicks, playing games, and sharing awesome appetizers and desserts together.  

For our Saturday evening girls night I tried out a new recipe, Hot n' Cheesy Broccoli Dip, and oh was it good!  So good, I figured I'd share it here.  I found the recipe on Taste of Homemade, a blog I like to pop in on every once in awhile.  

My kids were happily playing with their little playhouse at the table while I was getting my dip ready, 
hence the background! 

To get this recipe started I grabbed a nice sharp knife and started chopping.  You'll need about 1 cup finely cut broccoli, 2-3 Tablespoons diced onion, 2-3 Tablespoons diced red pepper and 1 clove garlic, minced.

You'll also need, about 1 cup shredded cheese, whatever kind you like, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 sour cream, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.


Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir it up.


Spread this mixture in a small casserole dish.  You can top it with a little extra shredded cheese if you like.  Bake it at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.


Serve it hot with pita chips or cut veggies.  I served mine with pita chips and it was so delicious.  The flavor is savory and rich with just the right amount of garlic.  I'll certainly be making this recipe again.  Plus, since this dip is full of veggies, it doesn't make you feel as guilty as some appetizer dips would!  

I realize Mother's Day is right around the corner, this would make a delicious accompaniment to any celebration.

I hope you enjoy this cheesy treat!

Be blessed,


I'll be linking up to:





8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Yummy Jen.. ;)) Looks fun!!!

Steph said...

This looks sooooo goooood. Love that there are hidden veggies too. Glad you had a great time with your girlfriends!

Racheal said...

Jen, this was so good! You are right about the best girls night - what a blast we had. I will treasure our uncontrolled laughter for a long time.

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

Thanks for linking up!! This looks great!!

Sinful Sundays said...

That looks really good. I JUST started eating broccoli a couple of months ago so I'm happy that I have some place new to possibly try it in. :)

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

hey! just wanted to let you know that i featured your recipe on my picks for savory sunday!!

girlichef said...

That's my kinda girl's night, too...Pass the chips!

Martha (MM) said...

Sounds perfect to me! :-)