May 30, 2011

{Three Things} from the weekend

It's busy here these days, and I am craving sinking my teeth into a real project soon.  
This week is Boden's birthday, five years old is a big deal!  I'm busily planning and preparing for his party on Friday, and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures along the way to fill all of you in next week.  The party theme is "Treasure Hunter", Bo can hardly contain himself.

This weekend the kids and I made candy guessing jars for our church summer carnival.  I counted everything out and then let the kids fill the jars up.  They had a lot of fun, and there was even a couple of extra candies for them once their jars were all filled up.

Wouldn't you have nearly wet your pants if you'd have won one of these as a child?

Zach and some of his muscley friends moved a little garden shed out of our backyard this weekend.  Our yard has quite a bit going on, and we needed to simplify, clear out, and make room for a sandbox we'd like to put in, so the garden shed got voted off the island.  



Yes, that is my husband and a few of his friends sitting inside a garden shed, on a flatbed trailer, driving down the middle of the street...isn't that what you do on the weekend?  Is it just me or does my husbands neck look a little red sitting in there?

My parents went to an auction this weekend.  They bid on and got a few cool things for themselves, but when they pulled up to our house on Saturday afternoon with this great dresser and matching side tables, I was thrilled.  I can't wait to make this set over!  I'm thinking of going a little bolder than I normally would and choosing a bright, fresh color to liven up the set.  What do you think?  What color would you go with?


So there's three things from my weekend, what did you do with yours?

Be blessed,






4 comments:

h. rae said...

Does his neck look a little red? Hmmm, no, not too bad. LOL Love the humor there.

I haven't been here to visit you in a while, but I had to stop in TODAY and say "Hello Jen!" Hope everything is well with you... besides losing your shed of course. :) Take good care!

Renee said...

I'm loving the red that Katie At Bower Power painted her vanity...

http://www.bowerpowerblog.com/2011/04/vanity-sanity/

but I have not a hot clue where it would fit in at your place! I'll keep thinking of the perfect color! :)

Ramona said...

When you live out here riding down the street in a garden shed is a perfectly acceptable thing, Jen!
And as for the candy jars, I'm really hoping none of my kids win one this year- they got a bit too much in the jar they won last year!
Ramona

Tara Cole said...

What a FUN blog you have here, Jen! Thanks for sharing. As for the dresser, I say you can never go wrong with white and some funky new knobs, maybe sanded down a big: shabby chic style of course! Can't wait to see the finished product!