May 13, 2011

To-Do Lists

Whew!  I thought this post was lost forever!  I am SO GLAD this little number turned up again, I was so sad that it had disappeared for awhile.  Today has been possibly the worst day ever, filled with three sick kids (two of them are now on antibiotics...boo), a lot of whining, a few really big messes, and some big fights trying to get my oldest to take his vile tasting medicine (seriously, the stuff tastes awful, then it burns the whole way down).  So this post returning would be the highlight of my day for sure!  Anyway, I'll let you get on to the good stuff!

I love a clear list of to-do's, do you?
For example, on a cleaning day I sit down at the breakfast table with a pen and some paper and make a list of everything I'd like to accomplish.  Then I draw a little box beside each item on my list so I've got the perfect little spot to mark that task completed.  Oh. So. Satisfying.

So I thought I might share a few projects that are on my to-do list.

#1.  I really want to make a few pieces of this knock-off coral that I saw on The Stories of A 2 Z


Isn't it oh-so-pretty?  Yes, I can't wait to try my hand at this one!

#2.  I've got an old dresser that I bought at a garage sale last year.  I would love to do a makeover on it similar to this one I found on Better Homes & Gardens.   


I love the wallpaper drawer fronts, so lovely!

#3. My laundry room is a sad state of affairs, but it's got great potential.  I really, really would like to redo it to a fabulous laundry/craft room with great lighting, plenty of workspace, and a place for me to keep my sewing machine out and available 24/7.  Here are a few examples of rooms I'd love to emulate:

I think the little awnings above the windows are just oh-so-sweet, and all that counter space wouldn't hurt either!


I really like the mix of bold and bright colors here.  The open storage on the back wall looks really neat, too.

I melt a little bit looking at this one.  The colors, the airiness, the storage, and the counter space, what's not to like?!  

Well, that ought to keep me busy for awhile, don't you think?  What's next for you on your to-do list?

Have a fantastic weekend!

Be blessed,


2 comments:

Kim @ It's a Crafty Life said...

I really like the second one. You'd think with green and red, there'd be a Christmas vibe going on, but it just looks super cute instead. :-)

Jen said...

Kim, I was surprised by the color combo too, but like you said, it's unexpectedly cute! Thanks for stopping by!