Jun 19, 2011

Adventures in Thrifting

Garage sales, thrift stores, freebies,
they're all wonderful.

Wonderful, I tell you.

I've recently found a few fun items that I just can't wait to transform.  The other morning I was on my way to the grocery store when I saw the tell-tale balloons at the end of a street, practically begging me to at least drive by and see if there were any treasures for me to take home. 


 I saw this little beauty as soon as I pulled up, but with a $5.00 price tag, I just wasn't sure.  With some fantastic bargaining though, I walked away having invested $1.00 in this solid wood chair.  I can't wait to share the finished product with all of you!

I also stopped by the thrift store this week, looking for some old drawer pulls.  I didn't find what I had in mind as far as drawer pulls go, but I did find this brand spankin' new lamp!  It still had the plastic wrap over the shade and everything!


I really like the lines of this simple little lamp, but it's a little plain, so I've got a great plan to add some awesome girlieness to my new lamp.

And, the last fun find of the week was a total freebie...but it needs some mondo lovin'.


 I generally don't care to decorate my home with beer merchandise, but I just love the size and shape of this galvanized steel bucket.  I'm thinkin' some bright paint and perhaps a fun stencil will effectively transform my beer bucket to something worth keeping.

Stay tuned for finished projects and a couple of tutorials, too!

Be blessed,


4 comments:

Lesley said...

Ok, you got that chair for a dollar? That's pretty awesome!!

I have an idea for your bucket. Well, it's not my idea but I like it: http://pinterest.com/pin/32754935/

Jen said...

Lesley, I still am so excited that the ladies at that garage sale agreed to my offer of one dollar...I totally didn't expect them to. And thanks for sharing the idea for the bucket, I looove the color, and I'd never have thought of using it as a patio side table! ~Jen

KristaDee said...

Love that chair. Can't wait to see what it looks like all done. :)

So I'm spray painting my frames today for my necklace and earring display. I sure hope my Mother-in-law likes them when they are done.

Jen said...

Krista, I hope you'll take pictures and show me when you're done, I'd love to see your finished product!