Jun 14, 2011

Dresser Organization

You can ask my mom, I've always had a hard time keeping my dresser top tidy.

My dresser top is like a magnet to all the things that have 
found their way into my pockets at the end of the day.
It's the perfect spot to let down my hair, and subsequently, pile up the bobby pins.
A wayward sock?  Meet the dresser top.

All the little odds and ends that seem to follow me around the house tend
 to pile up on my dresser...and I'm sick of it.  
I'm ready to get cleaning!

In an effort to keep my dresser somewhere in the realm of tidy and organized, I made a little spot for all my jewelry to hang and be accessible.
I'm kinda excited about it.



 

Gracious, this was such a quick fix, and it works so great!  Plus, it was F-R-E-E!  I had everything I needed on hand (love that), and this little project came together in a flash!

Here's the how to:
(Sorry for the lack of pictures!  I was having some grief putting them up, thankfully it's a simple project!)


Take any picture frame and remove the backing.  Trace the frame onto a piece of cardboard and cut it out.  Make sure the cardboard fits into the frame, trim it if necessary.

Cut a piece of eyelet fabric large enough to cover the cardboard.

Lay the fabric out on a flat surface and put the cardboard on top.  Wrap the edges of the fabric around the cardboard and glue in place.  I just used a plain old glue stick, though hot glue would work too!

Fit the cardboard into the frame.  You can replace the backing for security, though I didn't since my cardboard fit in nice and snug and the backing wouldn't fit over the cardboard properly.

Hang up your all your pretty little things by looping the earring posts through the eyelets on the fabric.  To hang up necklaces I stuck corsage pins into the fabric and looped the necklaces over those.

If you have any questions, please go ahead and ask them in the comments section below, I'll answer them the best I can!

Thanks for popping by!

Be blessed,


I'm linking up!

Wednesday Link Party at Tea Rose Home
Penny Pinching Party at Thrifty Home
Your Whims Wednesday at My Girlish Whims
Show Off Your Stuff at Fireflies & Jellybeans
Friday Flair at Whipperberry
Daughter By Design

3 comments:

Mindie Hilton said...

I saw you on My Girlish Whims and wanted to invite you to my new link party. Last week we had over 300 links, it was so much fun. It will run every Friday evening through Sunday. Hope to see you there. You can find the party button now on the blog if you want it for a reminder. http://www.bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blgospot.com/

Bless by Tone said...

love the look - the color is so beautiful. Thank you so much for your nice comment. Tone

Life, Crafts and Whatever said...

Every time I see one, it just reminds me how much I want to make one! Thanks for sharing!

http://lifecraftsandwhatever.blogspot.com/