Aug 31, 2011

Autumn Round-Up

Hey Friends!

I'm stopping in for a little visit today, I've been missing the blog life!  

Can you feel it?  Can you feel the change in the air?  Autumn is coming.

Some of you more southern folks might not know what I speak of, but up here on the Prairie, I can feel it.
The sun is setting a little sooner, the nights are cool and the morning air is crisp.  It won't be long and the leaves will start changing from their vibrant and lively green to their final burst of life in beautiful hues of orange, yellow, and red.  I love this time of year.

In honor of the impending Autumn and all the changes it brings, I'm going to share some of my favorite fall projects I've seen around blogland and Pinterest.

The first stunning project is from Ashley over at Make it and Love it.


Her gorgeous autumn table runner is a total show stopper.  When I saw this last fall I went out and bought the supplies I needed pronto.  Instead of using vinyl, since I couldn't find any on sale (and that stuff is expensive!), I used a placemat I bought at the dollar store.  Worked like a charm.  I'm so looking forward to getting my autumn table runner out soon!

Over at Thompson Family-Life there is the epitome of fabric pumpkins!

Amongst a vast array of fabric pumpkins, Danielle's version is the one that popped out at me most.  The fabric she chose, the lovely design, and the sheer genius of attaching a crocheted doily onto a fabric pumpkin seals the deal for me.  Love it!

While we're still marveling over fabric pumpkins, check out this twist from Small Fry & Co :


With gorgeous fabric leaves and sweet mini pumpkins, all in wreath form, how can you go wrong?

And from the queen of all things crafty, Martha Stewart,

Who knew you could dip leaves in wax to preserve their color?  I surely didn't, but I am absolutely going to give this a try once the leaves turn.  I love how simple and straightforward this little idea is.

I saw this table runner from At Second Street last year, and I had to include it in my list today.


Kalleen's table runner is a showstopper, for sure, perfect for everyday or dressed up for a dinner party.

And lastly, from Little Things Bring Smiles, this gorgeous felt rosette wreath.  

To prove to you that it doesn't have to be all about pumpkins and leaves.  Between the stunning amber color and the perfectly placed rosettes, this wreath is the perfect autumn welcome to any visitor who may come to your door.
Well, I hope you're feeling inspired by my autumn themed round-up.  I'm looking forward to getting into some of these fabulous projects soon!
Thanks for stopping in today, if your project has been featured, feel free to grab my button on the right hand sidebar.

Be blessed,


1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Love these Jen - So bizarre as I picked the SAME items for a fall inspiration post and thenjust saw yours.. LOVE LOVE.. great minds.. Happy Fall :))