Aug 4, 2011

Love, Joy, Grace Printable

Confession: 
Not everything that comes out of my mouth is a blessing to the ears around me.
There is not always a smile on my face and a good attitude in my heart.
My patience level is not always where it should be, especially when dealing with my three children.

Sometimes I need a reminder to speak with love, to choose my joy, and to give grace as freely as it's been given to me.



In an effort to remind myself that a day full of love, joy, and grace is not just a happy accident, but rather a series of choices, I came up with this handy little printable to hang in my bedroom.  I'm hanging it in a place that I'll see each morning before I get up and going for the day.  Hopefully this simple sign will give me that early morning attitude adjustment I too often forget about, and enable me to do the sensibility switcheroo I occasionally need.

I don't know about the rest of you, but in my home, when I've got a sour disposition and a scowl on my face, I see three little scowls to match, glaring back at me.  When I don't measure my words and snap at my little family, I get an extra dose of sass back.  Ugh.  I don't care for that at all.

On the reverse side, when I'm a little extra encouraging, have extra words of love and extra laughs to share, my kids are right there with me, encouraging, loving, laughing and enjoying their day so much more.  I'd really like to increase those extra-everything days, and skip a few more of those frustrating, get-me-outta-here kind of days.

So, if you have a similar struggle to mine, feel free to print off just as many of these simple reminders as you like!  I've got printables available in an assortment of colors, or you could print one out on some lovely scrapbook paper like I did, whatever floats your boat.
I hope each of you will be encouraged, challenged, and reminded by these simple words.

Be blessed,

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Love! I just pinned this post!

scrapfancy said...

This is so pretty and glad I found this. I needed a little something for a frame I am redoing. I will let you see when done. Very nice.

June Scott said...

Nice printable, Jen - great reminders for all! Thanks for sharing!

Christina said...

LOVE this! Thank you so much!
xoxo

Jamie said...

Love it. If you get a chance I would love you to link your printable up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/