Sep 28, 2011

Fall Maternity Photoshoot

Now, if you've read the title of this post and have a shocked expression on your face...wipe it off.  These are not maternity pics of ME, they're maternity pics I took of my BFF and her lovely baby bump.

Over the weekend I was off at a women's retreat with my dear friend, Renee.  We had some free time in the afternoon and I jumped at the chance to snap a few shots of my beautiful bestie while she's still boasting that extra curve right there in the middle.

Now, here's a quick disclaimer...I'm no pro!  But, I sure am enjoying learning more about photography, and with such a lovely subject, I could hardly get a bad shot.

Oh, one more disclaimer...these shots are all straight-out-of-camera...editing isn't my strong suit just yet!  I'm still deep in that learning phase.  Plus, I'm working on my laptop and haven't got any of my editing software on here.  Okay, okay, enough delays!  Here's Renee!


Renee is a fellow hobby-photographer.  She and I have done a couple of photoshoots together, and have had SO MUCH FUN!  We're both amazed at how different our styles are, and how different it is to be in front of the camera as opposed to being the one snapping away.  Renee tends to be an up-close-and-personal photographer, and I tend to take 5 steps back.  It's good to have her to push me outside of my usual style and try something new.


I just love the belly-attitude here!


See, she's not all sass.


In fact, she's downright excited to meet this little babe, expected to arrive at the end of November.



I love the perspective in the above shot, kind of a Momma's eye view.


And, of course, the classic heart-hands pose.  

Fun fact, I cannot shape my hands into anything that resembles a heart...I don't know why by my fingers just will not cooperate.  Oh well, no heart-hands for me.

Thanks for stopping by!

Be blessed,

I'm Linking Up!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Love them all! Great job! Your friend is so cute, just glowing! Congrats!

h. rae said...

I'm impressed, Jen! Those are some lovely photos! What a wonderful time you must have had! I haven't yet done any model shoots. You're ahead of me there!

Just Jaime said...

Great photos!

Emily said...

really well done and your friend is beautiful!
http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

Brave Brooke said...

These are really great! I'm sure she loves them!

Jen said...

Thank you all! I am so pleased with how these shots turned out, I'm sure Renee will treasure them!

Courtney said...

Adorable! So happy for you and wish you all the best as a new mommy. Hope everything goes wonderfully smooth. What sweet photos. My fav is the classic hands heart!

Ashley said...

Great Job! :)

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.