Oct 4, 2011

Blogging: The Prequel {Part 1}

As I was walking through my house the other day, I was noticing projects I worked on and completed before this blog ever was.  I thought it might be fun to do a little series of posts that show some of the things I made for my home before I blogged.  

Today's post will be all about autumn touches I added to my home over the last few years.  Since I made these all before starting to blog, there are no step-by-step pictures, no tutorial...but let's get real, the projects just aren't that hard!

Last fall I sewed up this autumn inspired wall hanging.  I sewed together squares of fabric, then appliqued hand cut leaves on top.  This hangs in the doorway leading into our living area, and I just love it, it's so warm and welcoming.


There are fabric pumpkins floating all over the blog world.  When I saw these ones though, I knew I wanted to try them for myself.  I followed the simple tutorial from Thompson Family Blog


There's an odd spot above my kitchen window that cries out for some kind of seasonal decor.  So last year I put together this fall swag.  It's simple and bright, and adds the perfect splash of fall color to my kitchen.

And lastly, I painted these "give thanks" blocks to fill in an autumn spread.  Their distressed faces add just the right touch of charm to my piano display.  I think I might paint something else on the other side of the blocks, so I can use 'em twice and only have to store 'em once!  Now I just have to think of something suitable with 10 letters.



And that's part one of my before blogging days!

Be blessed,

2 comments:

craftytexasgirls said...

Fabric pumpkins are a hit with me! Great job!
:) crafty texas girls

Ginger said...

Featuring YOU over on my blog today! Thank you so much for linking up to last week's {wow me} wednesday party! :)

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2011/10/take-look-at-you-goodies.html