Oct 25, 2011

{Three Things} Autumn Edition

{Salsa}
I tried something new the other day.

I canned salsa.


Wow, was it ever a lot of work, more than I anticipated.  By the end of the day I was absolutely exhausted.  My back hurt, my feet hurt, and I smelled...salsa-y.

Also by the end of the day I had a counter full of popping salsa jars, what a beautiful sound!  This was my very first time actually canning something, following the canning rules.  I heated, I boiled, I poured, wiped, and processed. 


And now I'm just so dang proud of myself.

I learned a lot, and I'll do a few things differently next year, but I'm already scheming about the different things I'd like to try and a few tweaks I'd make to the recipe I followed.

{Looking Forward}

Has anyone else started the hunt-and-gather dance in preparation for Christmas?

I've slowly been planning and preparing and I've got lots more to do.  I'm trying to take a more organized approach to Christmas this year, and not scramble to finish in the last week before all the festivities begin


I think I might even do a bit of Christmas baking this year.  I usually don't bother since there are so many treats every which way a girl turns, and I don't want to be stuck eating it all!  I think it would be fun to do some special Christmas baking with the kids, though.  I remember dipping chocolates with my mom as a little girl, and I'd love to do the same with my own children.

{Goals}

Something about this time of year brings an odd desire out in me.

It happens each year, later in autumn.  Suddenly I am flooded with the desire to learn how to cross stitch.  Don't make fun of me

I think this might just be the year that I finally give in and give it a try.  I'm excited about this, and I'll be sure to keep you all up to date on my cross stitching adventures!

Well those are my {three things} that have been on my mind, what are yous?

Be blessed,





1 comment:

A Cup of Sparkle said...

Salsa looks great!!! Good luck in your new adventures. Have fun!

acupofsparkle.blogspot.com