Nov 30, 2011

Blogging: The Prequel {Part 2}

At this time last year life was super busy.

I had a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 5 month old.
I had a husband who had just started a new job and was working incredibly long hours.
And the thought of starting a blog was just an idea, slowly churning in my mind.

As Christmas approached I happily crafted away, making most of our kids Christmas presents and decorations for around the house.  Life was busy, yes, but man, did we ever have a good Christmas!  

One of my favorite projects was the Advent calendar I made.  I worked on each little felt ornament as soon as the kids were tucked in for naps or the night.  The calendar isn't perfect, but I think I'll cherish it for a long time to come, and the kids are so excited about getting to hang a little ornament on the tree each morning.


I shared this back in June when I participated in a "before blogging" link party, but last Christmas, Boden's big gift was this bean bag toss game that Zach and I made for him.  Zach did the constructing of the giant game, and I did the painting.  We had such a good time working on Boden's gift together, and Boden was so excited about it, too. 


With each great-grandchild that is born into my extended family, my Grandma crochets a beautiful Christmas stocking.  With three lovely Christmas stockings, I decided we needed a proper place to hang them.  I made this stocking hanger from an old cabinet door, ripped up pages from an old book and handy-dandy Mod Podge.  I really like the aged look of the finished stocking hanger, now we just need to hang it up!


We have a gigantic window in our living room.  Late last November I convinced Zach to build me a cornice box for the window, so I could finally put up curtains.  I absolutely love how the cornice box turned out!  The window treatment added just the touch of charm that our living room needed.


Wanna see my Christmas tree all decorated for this year?

Oh, and just so don't feel compelled to tell me, yes I know my tree is leaning slightly to the left...I happen to like the slightly imperfect look, ha!


Thanks for dropping by today!
Be blessed,


I'll be linking up to a few of these fine link parties:



3 comments:

Thrifty Crafty Girl said...

You are like a Crafting Christmas Queen... those all look amazing!

Aimee said...

You are so talented!!! I love that advent calendar!!! And the bean bag toss! Very sweet! And your home looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your Christmas tree!!

Hugs,
Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

h. rae said...

The stockings are gorgeous! And so is the window treatment. Our tree had the same problem last year; we finally got it to stand up straight by cramming chunks of wood into the base. :) We're planning on getting this year's tree next week.