Nov 16, 2011

Oreo's + Chocolate Two Ways

I'm starting my Christmas baking, and what better way to start than with Oreo cookies and chocolate? 
I have two freakishly delicious super-quick recipes here that I am going to share so we can all delight in these magnificent dainties together, m'kay?
Cookies & Cream Bark

You'll need two ingredients, white chocolate melting wafers (you can buy these in the bulk section of most grocery stores) and a bunch of Oreo's.

1. Melt chocolate

You can do this in the microwave or in a double boiler, whichever you prefer.

2. Slightly crunch up cookies and add to chocolate

For this batch, I melted three cups of chocolate wafers and added 8 Oreo cookies to the melted chocolate.  You can always add more cookies, depending on the cookie to chocolate ratio you prefer.

4. Lay a piece of wax paper in a cookie sheet and pour the chocolate and cookie mixture over top.  Spread the chocolate until it is about 1/4" thick, don't get too picky about this.

5.  Chill until the chocolate has set, break it apart, and enjoy

I'm sorry it's such a complicated recipe, just try it, I'm sure you'll be able to do it without any emotional breakdowns.

Oreo Truffles

Yes, you did read that right, and yes, you will need to place these under lock and key to keep any around until Christmas.

Again, let me boggle your mind with my step by step directions.

1. Take one brick of cream cheese and beat it until it's smooth.

2. Crush one entire package of Oreo cookies and add them all to the cream cheese.  It's important that you use Oreo brand cookies, other brands may have more or less cream filling and it will affect the consistency of the filling later.  Trust me on this, it's no good to have mushy truffles.

3. Blend the cream cheese/cookie mixture well. 
4. Scoop the filling and roll into bite sized pieces.  Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
I used my Pampered Chef small scoop so my truffles would be a consistent size.

5. Melt chocolate.
While melting the chocolate I grab the Oreo balls from the fridge and gently roll them in my hands to smooth any rough edges from the scooping process.

6. Dip the Oreo balls into the melted chocolate and place on a cookie sheet until the chocolate hardens.
I like to use a fork and a toothpick to aid in the dipping process.  I use the fork to dip the ball in the chocolate, and the toothpick to gently push the truffle off the fork and onto the sheet of wax paper.

Once the chocolate has set, I like to melt a handful of white chocolate melting wafers and drizzle the chocolate over the truffles, it looks fancy, plus it covers up imperfections!
7. Freak out and the culinary masterpiece you've created.

I hope you enjoy sharing these delicious treats throughout the Christmas season!

Be blessed,

I'm linking up!
 
Made With Love Monday - Sew Chatty

Wednesday Link Up - Tea Rose Home

10 comments:

Christina said...

oh my word. these look amazing!

Our Delightful Home said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing

~Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Rachel Lynn said...

These will be perfect to finish off the goodie boxes I make for family every year!

BTW I have a recipe linkup at blog.thesingingsparrow.com

lisawith4 said...

I'll be making these for our Christmas candy and cookie platters! yum!!

Carmelle said...

Super excited to try these! Thanks for the recipes!

EvA. . . said...

Ooo that looks amazing! Gonna have to try it!!! Loving your blog! Following along, yay :)

Amy said...

This is insane! Too yummy and I am going to make them today!!!

Kim Sturge said...

Thank you. These will be in my Christmas cookie jar. But not for long... yum.

Sherry said...

Thanks for inviting me to link up! I linked my craft room did a little sight-seeing. You have some great ideas and fun things to try out. I'm gonna go check out some of the other entries now.
Sherry

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness my son loves Oreos. Every time we're at the checkout he asks for the cookies n cream candy bar! I will def have to make this for him. Thanks so much for sharing!!!