Nov 7, 2011

Pine Cone Arrangement

Hey there, welcome here!  Be sure to check out my very first Head to Head Showdown link party, happening right now.  You've still got time to link up and join the party!

Remember that hanging pine cone wreath I shared in my planning for Christmas post last week?  Well, I made one!  Talk about quick to put together!  I sat down and had it done in less than 20 minutes, and that's with taking step by step pictures. 

Here's what you'll need:


I started by cutting three lengths of  wide decorative ribbon, about a foot and a half long.  Then I puckered the bottom edge, checked to see where it would fit on the tip of a pine cone and glued it in place.




For my arrangement I used three lengths of decorative ribbon and five shorter (about 10 inch) lengths of brown grosgrain ribbon.  Once I had all of the pine cones attached, I fiddled around and figured out how I wanted the ribbons to hang.  Once I was satisfied with the arrangement, I glued it all in place.

I decided I wanted to add a bow to my ribbons.  First I cut another strip of ribbon, about a foot and a half long.  I overlapped the ends and glued them together to create a circle.


Then, with the seam centered in back, I folded the circle in half, and pinched it in the middle.


Using a small section of the brown grosgrain ribbon, I cinched the ribbon and glued it all in place.


Finally, I glued my glittering bow in place, glued the whole deal onto a 10 inch length of ribbon for hanging and called it a day.

 

It doesn't get much easier than that.  

There are two things I would have done differently if I were starting this project again.  First, I'd make a bigger bow...I think if it were just a bit bigger it would suit the arrangement better.  And second, I think this would look even better using larger pine cones.  The pine cones I used were collected from our front yard, so I can't complain too much about that. 

I am loving checking these projects off my Christmas decorating list!  Of course, I'll only hang them and keep them up a little closer to the big day, but a girl's got to get ready, right?

Thanks for popping in today, I'm glad you did!

Be blessed,

 
 I'm linking up!






8 comments:

Katherines Corner said...

simple elegance xo

poindextr said...

that looks so pretty! dropping in from the inspiration board at homework. I need to check out some of your other projects! diane

Renee said...

Looks great Jen!!!

Jess@Balancing The Dream said...

I am loving this look!!! holiday decorating here i come!!!

Michelle@Crazy In Iowa said...

This is such a cute idea. I need to find a pine tree and make my own!

h. rae said...

Okay, this is fabulous. And I LOVE that third photo. When can you come over?

Elise said...

How pretty! I've been looking for ideas for decorating with pinecones- this is perfect!

http://growcreative.blogspot.com

EvA. . . said...

very pretty!