Mar 1, 2012

An Update!

Hello out there!

Hi friends, I'm here.  I'd like to take a quick moment to say thank you for the kind words and support while I've taken a couple of weeks to "just be".  It's been lovely.  We've had a lot of changes in our family over the last year...and I think it all caught up to me in an overwhelming wave of busy.  

Do you ever type a word, then look at it too long and wonder...is that how you spell it?  Does that mean what I think it means?  Am I losing my mind?

That just happened to me with the word "busy".  I know, pretty simple, right?  But it looked funny to me, for just a moment.  So I looked it up, just to make sure.  The definition: sustaining much activity.  That, my friends, is the perfect "nutshell" phrase for the last 365 days!  Sure, we've had our lulls, but overall there has been a constant hum of change and learning.  

I think somewhere in it all, I lost sight of the boundary of balance.  I started blogging because I wanted to do something for myself, and have some accountability to finish projects I've started.  And blogging has been just that, I've completed so many projects, big and small over the last year...I've surprised myself!

As with any time a person loses their balance, there is a time to readjust and that's what I'm up to right now.  Over the last couple of weeks I've removed a few things from my daily life that pulled me too far one way or another.  Those decisions are hard, but feel so good once they're made!  I've decided I'll be letting go of the link party I had been hosting for the last couple of months.  It adds more fluster to my day than it's worth, so with thankfulness for the wonderful participation, I'm saying good-bye to that part of blogging.

I think I'm going to take a few more weeks to "just be" and to allow a little more time for readjustment.  When I do come back, I won't be following the same schedule that I had been, I'll be blogging here and there, as I feel like it.  

My brother teased me that I'm taking a break when my blog name is "I Can't Stop Crafting", ironic, no?  My answer to him was that I haven't stopped crafting, I'm not sure that's possible, but I have stopped blogging, even if it's just for a bit.  So thank you so much for understanding, and checking back now and again, I'll see you all in a few weeks.

Be blessed,


4 comments:

{northern cottage} said...

wishing a restful little break - we'll look forward to having you back when you're ready!

the word thing - yeah that has totally happened to me...I'm usually a very good speller (like spelling bee speller growing up! ha - what a nerd!) but I once forgot how to spell ONCE and it's not really a word you can sound out to get it right, right? too funny!

h. rae said...

We'll miss you and your link party, Jen, but at least we'll get YOU back at some point. You'll have a lot of crafts to upload when you do come back, I'm sure.

Take care, sweet friend! And know that we distant bloggers love you!

Linda said...

I take breaks all the time. I think I went 3 or 4 months without blogging. Sometimes it just gets to be too much so I just let it go for a while and when I want to, then I jump back into it. I've thought of doing a party on my blog but it seems like a lot of work and then I wouldn't be able to take a break. :) Take care, Linda

Meg and Mum's said...

Hey Jen, enjoy your break. I've done the same thing. I've also been considering dropping my link party as I just can't commit at the moment. After reading your post I don't feel so bad about dropping in. Sometimes life gets in the way and that's the way it should be really. We'll be here when you get back.
Megs :)