Apr 9, 2012

Addie's Easter Dress


 With the first challenge of Sew-vivor and Easter hitting our home all in the same week, I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.  So of course, that equals Addie's Easter dress.

Side note: I made it through the first round of Sew-vivor, coming in third place in the polls!  The next round of Sew-vivor is coming up this Wednesday, be sure you swing by Family Ever After to cast your vote!  I'd appreciate your support!




The first challenge for the Sew-vivor competition is the judge's challenge, where I get to peruse each of the judge's fabulous blogs and reinterpret any one of their tutorials for myself.  Let me tell you, it was so hard to choose.  There are so many beautiful tutorials between all the judge's blogs, but I kept going back to this Charlotte Russe Inspired Skirt tutorial from Tam over on Sew Dang Cute.



I loved the ruffle/tulle combination, and thought it would translate beautifully into a girly and sweet Easter dress for my girl.  By the way, Tam, your modest interpretation is flawless, and w-a-y cuter than the original version, if you ask me!



I started by finding a basic pattern that I liked, and that I knew would be easy to tweak.  I thought it was only appropriate that the pattern I went with was a Project Runway pattern, make it work, right?!  I followed the pattern directions for the bodice and combined what I liked from look A and look B to make the dress I wanted for Addie.  


Then, following Tam's great how-to, I whipped up the skirt with ease.  Her easy ruffling trick saved me some major time!  To add just an extra touch of sass, I whipped up those sweet five-petal flowers for Addie's hair using some left over scraps of fabric.  Oh, if you can't tell, Little Miss is in love with her long flowery dress!



 Her cheesy posing just cracks me up!

I think Addie will get a ton of wear out of her new dress, and with the extra details I know it's a dress both of us will treasure.


Thanks for stopping in, I am so glad you came!

Be blessed,



I'll be linking up to a few of these fine link parties:

4 comments:

Crafty Cousins said...

Super cute! I love all the colors. I'd love for you to link up with Crafty Cousins.

http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-i-wore-sunday-week-11.html

See you soon!
~Natalie @ Crafty Cousins

Annie said...

That is an adorable dress! Adorable tea party settings too :)

Tamsyn said...

Oh, your little girl is so adorable in her Easter dress. I love the fabric you choose and the gorgeous ruffles :)

Marion said...

Super cute dresses. That skirt is perfect for Women's Button-embellished 2-piece Suit.