Jan 18, 2013

My Turn To Do An Infinity Scarf

While going through old blog posts, I've found a number of draft posts that I never polished up for publishing.  What a fun surprise!  It is, however, kind of weird looking at this post I wrote up nearly a year ago and seeing the pictures I took then. Does my hair always look like that?

Does anyone else out there enjoy a good infinity scarf?  I've loved looking at them, but haven't ventured into the world of making, or wearing them.  I figured it's high time I give both a try.  I sewed this infinity scarf up during nap time, while Jud slept, and Bo and Addie were playing Lego....it took maybe 15 minutes, but I am just loving the way it turned out! 

It seems infinity scarves are everywhere!  And with an infinite number of tutorials spreading throughout the land of blog, I won't bother adding another to the options.  Instead, I'll just share my finished product and where I drew my inspiration from.
I actually made this for a friend of mine, her birthday was coming up and I thought she'd love something like this.  After seeing how easy it was though, I think I'll be making one {or two} for myself pronto!

If you go to Pinterest and search "infinity scarf" you'll be bombarded with many fantastic tutorials, a couple of favorites for me were the Single Loop Lace Infinity Scarf from Sweet Verbena,


and the Spring Infinity Scarf from The Cottage Home.


Both scarves are so pretty and feminine, and both have simple tutorials that are easy to follow, and well put together.  I made my scarf to be a double loop infinity scarf and used a light sheer summery fabric that I've had in my stash for quite some time.  Here's how mine turned out:


What do you think?  I hope my friend will like it, and that she'll get plenty of use out of it!

Be blessed,


I'm linking up!




7 comments:

Tonna @ USS Crafty said...

Gorgeous scarf! I love the fabric!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/01/submarine-sunday-16.html

n*stitches said...

I have been itching to sew an infinity scarf as well. Yours looks great! I love you blog and am a new follower. I would love for you to stop by and follow me back! Thanks! http://www.nstitchesdesigns.blogspot.com

SH said...

This looks great!

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

AndyLizzy Photography said...

Cool, I want to make one now!
Just followed you, hoping you'll follow back :)

http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

Maikou L said...

Love it! :)

شركة ضي الرحمن said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالجبيل

احمد عبد العزيز said...

نقدم لكم افضل الديكورات واحدث المنتجات في عالم الجوده والخيال
شركة دهانات بجازان
تتعدد مجالات شركتنا فيهذا المجال لذلك نقدم
شركة مقاولات بجازان